THE NORTHEAST CHAPTER 2 VOLLEYBALL OFFICIALS ASSOCIATION WILL BE HOLDING CADET CLASSES IN THE LATE SUMMER AND EARLY FALL OF 2023. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BECOMING A CERTIFIED VB OFFICIAL, COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION AND SUBMIT PAYMENT BY GOING TO:
PAYMENT MADE ME MADE ONLINE OR BY CHECK.
The NJSIAA Referee Recruitment Initiative with $300 Rebates has been extended for the 2023-24 school year.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the NORTHEAST CHAPTER 2 VOLLEYBALL OFFICIALS ASSOCIATION.
Each year our chapter has a training program for those individuals who wish to become eligible to officiate high school volleyball. We have designed a program that will train individuals in a comprehensive knowledge of the rules in preparation for the National Federation Test and in the proper mechanics of officiating.
The Cadet Class is a two-year program. Each applicant must complete the application and submit two reference letters, along with the registration fee of $270.00. Once you have been approved for the class, each applicant must then fulfill the following requirements:
- Attend five virtual rules meetings where the rules of volleyball are presented and discussed by the rules interpreter: Sharon Hughes
- Pass the NFHS written rules test. PASSING GRADE IS 80%.
- Complete eight observations of Varsity/JV matches. Signature sheets will be provided for verification purposes. You are not permitted to officiate varsity matches.
- Attend two mechanics sessions in-person.
- Complete the NFHS ‘Concussion’, ‘Ball Handling’ and ‘Alignment’ courses prior to taking the NFHS Exam.
Year 2: Provisional:
- Fulfill all chapter requirements as they pertain to dues, meetings, annual refresher test, and concussion certification.
- Submit five unique passing evaluations - each from a different official in the NORTHEAST CHAPTER 2 VOLLEYBALL OFFICIALS ASSOCIATION, certified by NJSIAA who is in good standing. These evaluations must be submitted to the Assistant Cadet Supervisor before approval to become a certified official the following year.
- Cadets in the second year may schedule and officiate NON-VARSITY MATCHES. This would include freshmen and elementary school. IF NEEDED, THEY MAY OFFICIATE A VARSITY MATCH IN AN EMERGENCY, BUT ONLY AS THE R-2 !!!!!!!
Program details and dates below PDF.